Sunday, November 02, 2014

Notes and winter dresses

Made myself a list on Sunday of things to get done on Monday.  Got the two biggest things done on Monday, one right after the other, and they were several hours each, so that was good. I do like projects.

This was one of the projects. As you might remember, I was looking for ways to help middle. This was pure busy work - making pattern, getting paper, tracing patterns on to paper so kids could cut and assemble. Really cute. The site is listed at the top of the picture. 






Tuesday morning ran several time consuming errands (exchanging air filter at Target, it stopped working, I did not have receipt, they made it right and gave me new one, but it took awhile) of things middle needed. Then, Tuesday afternoon, middle's boy met me part way to get stuff middle needed. Reduced my travel time hugely.

Still on Tuesday, realizing the weekend was coming quickly, I ordered box to be mailed to our seminarian. All Saints Day. (Youngest's suggestion instead of Halloween). I did not want to send junk or candy. I realized if I had it sent from Amazon, no shipping cost at all (Amazon Prime). I checked with the mother of another seminarian - do we send things just like we would to any other college kid? The answer was - yes. So, I sent Monopoly card game and Phase 10 card game.










Wednesday's Therapy appointment was cancelled. Luckily it was cancelled late Tuesday night in time to turn off my alarm. Slept in and then tried on dresses. I returned the rejects when I went to pick up high school carpool.

I had ordered dresses in two sizes (small and medium, I never know about my shoulders) from Macy's and Kohl's. I needed the small in each of the dresses shown below, whether I kept them or returned them, it was the smalls that fit.  But I might have need the medium, better to be safe and have two sizes to compare. I used to order everything in three sizes. I like to try on things in my own home, at my own pace.

First the things that did not work -

Even in a small, this was baggy in the back. Just a little too sack like for me. 




LOVED this dress, but somehow, in ordering, had missed that it had wool in it. Very allergic to wool. Very. I would have ordered one in each color if there had not been wool. Perfect dress to wear under a jacket or with a great scarf. Really sad.




Now the things that worked and I might add I was looking for WARM in all that I ordered  -

I did not expect to like this because of the metallic, but I did. Will be great with leggings or heavy tights. 






 PERFECT length with heavy tights or leggings. If I buy something that is supposed to be a tunic style, it feels to short for me. But many of the shorter dresses are perfect. 







I bought a Nine West dress at Macy's last year that I loved (picture below). Loved the geometric print of this one. Again, will wear with leggings or tights. 






Ditto on Nine West. This dress is very snug fitting. Very. I can wear snug fitting. But would not want to wear this with any extra pounds, or the rolls would make me really unhappy. This would be a good dress to wear to an occasion where I wanted to be mindful of every bite. I will wear it as a dress with thinner tights (I do not wear hose anymore). Probably a dress up dress.





This is the (first) Nine West dress I bought last year at Macy's. It is listed on their web site, now, as "new". It is not new, I bought it last year. It is heavy weight, sort of like wearing a sweatshirt that looks very put together. Really love it. It is A lined. My favorite sweater type dresses are A lined. I wear with tights.







I bought a blue Vera Wang sweater dress at Kohl's last year. Can't find a picture. But really love it. A lined, simple, great. I saw this one, new this year, I think and ordered it. It was on sale, I had a coupon, I had Kohl's cash, there was free shipping. Great price. It is nearly the same color blue, but a different dress. And I love it. If anyone happens to run into Vera, please ask her for some great chocolate brown dresses.




I ordered this one to try. Has not arrived yet. Not sure I will like Pointelle, but we will see.  






Thursday I was very smart. I was waiting for middle's GI phone nurse to call. I had made a long list, so I was efficient on phone, then while waiting for return call, worked cleaning pictures off drop box. So I filled pictures and added pictures to various posts (including this one).