Thursday, June 13, 2013

I am not sure I have ever posted pictures of the storage cabinets in the garage, it is sort of a wall of cabinets, VERY handy, huge amount of storage.

There are four of them.

They measure 6 feet tall.

Each cabinet is 30 inches wide.

They are mounted on the wall, 8" off the floor.

As I said, it is sort of a wall of cabinets.

They were made by one of those custom closet companies and installed when the house was originally built.




I did think to take before pictures (right to left) -



This picture is very nicely out of focus because I was holding the iPad out over the hood of the car as far as I could reach, and I am sure my hand was shaking. I did better with the second/after picture of this cabinet (below).










And these are the after pictures (in the same order) -


Most of the things in this cabinet (now) were not in the cabinets previously, so I basically picked up a whole extra cabinet's worth of storage. 

When oldest is home in July, he is going to go through that whole big bin of cords and chargers (bottom shelf) and see what we actually need. 

Raincoats and slickers in bottom bin. Gloves, mittens, hats, scarves in other bin. Yes, I have a whole shelf of lunch boxes. 



I bought 6 small bins (shoe box size) and 4 large bins with locking lids for this project. I already had the rest of the bins.





Bonus -


There is very little on top of the cabinets (now).
If you look at the before pictures (top of post) you can see what was up there originally.
Previously, the white pool bag lived on top the cabinets (now in a cabinet).
And, on the far right, there were STACKS of paper bags, mailing boxes, lawn bags. 
I pruned down the volume of paper supplies hugely. 
And what I kept now fits in the cabinet.





Don't you hate the little pile of leftovers at the end of a cleaning out project? Yes, I took care of all of those and the table is back in the attic. I have four folding tables that we pull out for special projects. They are in the attic the rest of the time. Very handy solution.

This is the pile that was re-homed.

This is the pile that went to Good Will.