Here is general information you might enjoy from Wikipedia:
"The Old Man and the Sea is a novel[2] written by the American author Ernest Hemingway in 1951 in Cuba, and published in 1952. It was the last major work of fiction to be produced by Hemingway and published in his lifetime. One of his most famous works, it centers upon Santiago, an aging fisherman who struggles with a giant marlin far out in the Gulf Stream.[3] The Old Man and the Sea was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1953 and was cited by the Nobel Committee as contributing to the awarding of the Nobel Prize in Literature to Hemingway in 1954."
My husband remembered reading this book long ago (maybe for school) and his only memory was it was very slow moving.
Honestly, slow moving sounded like a positive to me this week. It was a very relaxing listen.
When we read Robinson Crusoe for one of my classic book review groups. I remember one lady, who did not like it, complained it was just endless talk about Robinson's days - gathering food, planning, etc. The style of this book made me think of that comment. Lady probably did not like Old Man in the Sea, when the group read it several years ago, either. I enjoyed both these books very much.
I have figured out how to handle the mechanics of my summer audio books. My winter listening was all in the car listening to CD's. Now I am in my car sometimes, but will also be listening, out of the car on my iPod. This creates issues switching back and forth between my iPod (out of car) and CD's (in car). I now am 100% listening on my iPod so I am always in the correct place in the story, because youngest realized I have an AUX port in my car which allows me to plug in my iPod and listen through the car speakers.
The port was deep inside a storage box on the lower part of my dash (under the heating/cooling settings and the radio). Youngest was looking for an additional power port for her computer (we have the adapter so can plug adapter in car and then handles regular electrical plug (like you would plug in the wall) for power) and found AUX port.
This AUX port requires a special cord, but is easy to use.
When I was in buying AUX cord for my iPod is when I discovered new Apple lap tops were available and we went back to middle's college to buy hers. The new Apple operating system updates will then be a download later this summer. Yes, we have been supporting Apple well this summer. I bought my iPad from them earlier this month.