In my Catholic studies group, the week I started this book, we were discussing Original Sin. And the priest was talking about the original sin wasn't that Eve ate the fruit. It was that Adam let her, stood by and did nothing about it, eat the fruit.
I thought a lot about that as I read this book.
I enjoyed this book hugely. Had a driveway moment at the end, finishing it.
I am doing much better with contemporary literature (vs classics) now, for whatever reason.
So that means I attend my least favorite of my three book groups (mixture of genres) regularly.
My main classics group is off my calendar until next spring (conflict with my Catholic studies group).
And my second classics group is picking titles I just can't quite do.
They are reading War and Peace (1869) right now (which I didn't even try), before that it was the Dubliners (1914) collection of 15 short stories by James Joyce (which I tried and just couldn't do happily), and before that The Portrait of a Lady (1881) by Henry James (which I stuck with for the first 1/3 and then had no interest in finishing).
And honestly, right now, one book a month is about all I can easily handle.
So the one book group is working out okay.