Books, gardening, sewing, decluttering, projects, painting, woodworking, dogs, TV/movies, genealogy
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Pitchers as wedding gifts
We were given a pewter pitcher as a wedding gift and it has always been one of my favorite things.
I think pitchers are sort of a lost art. Rarely given, rarely seen except in restaurants. I think they are wonderful.
I have given many different styles of pitchers (as wedding gifts) over the years.
This (picture above) is my current favorite (to give).
It is made by Armetale and sold at Macy's. I buy it when it is on sale and I have a coupon. Today the regular price was $100. It was on sale for $59.99. I had a $20 coupon. Shipping was free. So the total was $39.99 + tax.
And it is a gem, in my opinion. Really classic. Nice and heavy. Very sturdy. Blends with a huge variety of dish styles.
Take a gift enclosure card with you. They ship from the store, so you can enclose it directly in the box.
I always have my gifts shipped to the bride to be. It is very fun to open gifts as they arrive before the wedding.
