Friday, January 09, 2015

Cleaning out drop box

I bought the hat in Charleston in 2013, I think, in the gift shop at one of the plantations. It is nice and thick. I like the colors. I wear it all winter. Middle found the same company (Solmate Socks) in her wanderings over Christmas break and got me the mittens. I am not easy to buy for unless you are very clever. This was very clever. A total surprise. Notice how long the mittens are, they go way up my wrist and "no, air gets me".






I first looked at the mall. No slippers to be found that went way up the ankle (no air getting me) and had great traction. None. So, then I started looking on line. I ordered several pair from Kohl's and Target. These were the winners. I almost didn't order them because they were only available in an XL and I wear an 8 usually. But, oldest has taught me to always read the reviews. And one woman wrote how she had ordered several pairs of these in various sizes as Christmas gifts and they consistently ran small. I looked at my last pair of Totes/Isotoners and they were an L. So, I took a chance and ordered them. Very warm, very good traction, fit perfectly with athletic socks. And they are very fun.






Middle bought this at the Catholic Conference she attended last week. Not quite sure where I am putting her, but loved it. The book is going in my church bag collection. 






They were out shopping. This is just the regular grocery store. Not sure if they were headed somewhere, like a children's party or if they just do this for fun. From the looks of the crowd, it must have been a day or two before Christmas, it was packed.