Sunday, August 09, 2015

I was looking to clone my two drawer filing cabinet and I did

My husband has been cleaning out his office.

From his point of view he has been cleaning it out BIG TIME.

From my point of view, yes it is better but there is a long way to go.

It is a very large room.







There are lots of shelves yet to be sorted. They are now full. My guess is those shelves will be empty after he finishes. I am considering the best future use of those shelving units.






There is a locking cabinet in that room that is now empty. So, we are considering the best storage use of that cabinet. The shelves are not strong enough for file box storage. I can't think of anything else besides files that we might want to lock (my husband is funny about tax records, etc). Originally we bought the cabinet to lock up samples (husband's job). It was in the garage at the old house. Eventually all samples were set directly to the office.






As he has been sorting, some of the upstairs files have been moving down to our computer room. And my little two drawer cabinet in the computer room, bought in 2010, is now full.

On the way to church this morning, I was thinking about the excess files. And I wished I had two of those little two drawer cabinets. (I was kicking myself slightly that I had not bought two of those cabinets in 2010.) I was telling middle and my husband that I wished I had another of those cabinets and asking if they remembered where I had gotten the first one. We guessed Office Depot or Walmart.

It occurred to me I might have made a note on my blog when I bought it. I had. 

Middle and I went back to Target to buy another cabinet. They had the same cabinet - yea! But no longer had the wheel caddy. They sent me to Office Depot who did have the cabby. Same as the one I have at home. So now I have identical set. And have doubled my space. (We do have plastic file boxes for the old, old files too.)






I want to put an extra bed in his office. We can (often) use an extra bed. The room is huge. The room can be part office and part extra guest room, easily.

I bought the head and foot board of a antique Jenny Lind bed at a garage sale for $40 (I think). The side rails were missing, but that is okay because they would have been too short anyway. We will have side rails made, put a piece of plywood over them, and then buy a good quality pillow top mattress to fit the 3/4 bed. I like 3/4 beds. We do not try to put two people in one unless it is a cuddly couple who are both small in stature and love to sleep cozy. For tall or over sized people, the 3/4 beds are nice. Oldest sleeps slightly corner to corner in his Jenny Lind, at home, in his room. He loves that bed. It was from a garage sale too.

The woman having the garage sale said the bed had been her grandfather's and then hers all the years she was growing up. So her childhood bed until she married I think. She said none of her children wanted it. She said it had been in storage for over 35 years. I had a strong attachment to that orphaned bed, immediately.