Saturday, October 03, 2015

I did figure out what to do with the towels and how to handle the soft dot fabric

I first wrote about my quest for towel ideas here.

And then I wrote about my hot mess with the soft dots and minky type fabrics here.

Today I sit here with two items finished, sewn very nicely and easily.

There is a chenille type bath towel half on the back, soft dots make the squares, packaged silk type binding makes the end borders, silky bridesmaid dress fabric makes the binding. There is a piece of flannel in the middle (I sewed the squares together using seam tape to prevent stretching. Then I sewed the rows to the flannel with a quilt as you go technique, so it is all very stable.) After everything was layered, I ran it through the serger and also zigzagged to seal the edges before I sewed on the binding. In other words, those puppies are not going to fall apart easily.




These two are 28" x 31" (half a bath towel each) and are identical.

I flipped one so you could see the towel backing.

They are a nice, heavy weight.

My intention is to give them as toddler gifts.

Our little seven year old and her mom will be here next week, I will see what they think before I make any more.