Friday, October 07, 2016

Pete the Cat

This is a long sleeved, heavy weight, woman's shirt from Goodwill. I think $4.50.

Just so you know, incredibly hard to find plain yellow anything in fall. 
A kind clerk at my box store told me yellow is a spring color 
and I was wasting my time looking in all the stores, now.
So, I bought 3 shirts at Goodwill, had middle try them, 
and this was the keeper.

I split it up the center, added yellow cotton facing that was heavily interfaced, 
one layer of iron on plus another layer of cotton. 
I had three of the buttons. I had to buy the top, aqua one.

I returned the shirts I did not use. 

It looks like a doll size shirt in the pictures, but it is actually a women's size large,
so middle can wear it as a sweater/jacket over regular clothes.

It was for Pete the Cat week at preschool, last week. 

















The next set of pictures are for Halloween in her class. 
The theme is children's books.
Everyone is supposed to dress as a character.
I found this picture, and that gave me the idea.
The hat is a stocking cap I remade.
The cap was $1. 
The shirt is actually a waffle weave shirt from the boy's department at Walmart in a size XL. The shirt was $7+. 
I had the pipe cleaners and fabric in my stash.