Two weeks ago, I would not have been able to do it. Paint. At the community theater.
Moving ladders, up and down ladders, standing on ladders, painting over my head.
This week, I made it just fine. (Middle went with me. Both times.)
On Tuesday, I walked the dogs early, painted (2 hours) in the late morning***, ran a couple errands, and then sat outside with the dog’s for about an hour. Then, I worked on copying photos over to Shutterfly. (I am up to 2012.) I did not let myself take a nap.
On Wednesday the dogs went to the beauty parlor, so I had the day off.
We painted (4 hours) in the afternoon. Then ran errands. I did not let myself take a nap (again). And it was easier than it had been on Tuesday (to stay awake and then go to bed st a normal time).
I purposely did not do any arm weights all week. Painting, particularly over your head, for hours at a time, is tough.
Sunday and Monday, I tried not to take a nap. I might have dozed a little in the evenings.
So noticeably better this week.
And this was the first week of weaning off my last steroid inhaler. One puff twice a day. Two weeks at that level and then I try to stop.
To recap - major asthma trouble most of July. Major steroids. It took me all of August and will take nearly half of September to wean myself off oral, nebulizer, and two inhalers. Goodness.
***I figured out that if I walk the dogs early, we can paint for two hours (morning volunteer shift is 10am-12pm) and then let the dogs out when we get home. I am not sure why that did not occur to me. So I can go paint a couple times a week. Two hours of painting is more pleasant than four also.