Friday, February 01, 2019

I am not sure how often this happens, but at least once this week

Middle is traveling with a friend. Flights were yesterday.

They did carry on only.

When they arrived at their final destination, and were getting their carry ons out of the overhead compartment, someone had taken middle’s friend’s Case.

They were both on wheels. They were both purple. But they were not identical.

Friend’s had a luggage tag on it. The one that was left, no tag.

So there are two lessons right there.

1. Put a luggage tag on everything, even if you are not checking it.
2. Tie something unique on the handle of everything. Ribbon, bandana.

I know they turned wrong case into airlines. I know they filed claim for missing bag.

I know that by the end of the day they had the correct bag. I don’t know how they connected with the other passenger.

This might happen all the time, but it was new to me.

We put bandanas and tags on checked luggage. But not always on carry on.

And this absolutely could happen to me because if I am flying by myself,  I usually stay in my seat until other passengers have unloaded and left. Then I get my case out of overhead.

I am assuming this is exactly what happened yesterday. The person who grabbed her case was probably one of the first off the plane.

And we are usually traveling with solid black pieces, like most everyone else. So if this happened with PURPLE, could absolutely happen with black.