Sunday, March 24, 2019

Easter egg trees

Someone made me one as a child.

A small branch with many off shoots, painted white, stuck it in a cottage cheese container with plaster of Paris. And I have the idea/memory that the collage cheese container was somehow on Easter colors. So either the company had an annual tradition, or it was decorated.

That year, with the tree, I think somebidy blew out real eggs and dyed them. And hung them on the tree. I think the tree made it several years.

And I loved that tree. Probably this was when I was preschool age. We moved when I was in the middle of first grade, and I think it was long before that time.

And I may have made a tree when my kids were little, or maybe I just thought about doing it.




I sort of rediscovered my wire tree. It used to hold necklaces in my bathroom. Now it is on the island in the kitchen.

And I am looking for seasonal things to hang on it. Not every season, just some.

Clearly wanted to find small/lightweight eggs for an Easter tree.

(I found smaller type hanging eggs at JoAnn’s. I paid $17 for 36 eggs. They were on sale 50% off plus I had a 20% coupon. Shockingly high prices on their hanging plastic eggs. Nice colors.)


Very pleased with it.

I really like Easter egg trees. Very glad to have one again.