Thursday, February 06, 2020

Miss and a hit

Gretchen or Elizabeth mentioned both of these podcasts.

Gretchen did warn that the first one would not be for everything and she was right. It was not a hit with me.

ADDED LATER: It turns out, this is a staged bit/routine that the radio show writes and then dramatizes. That explains a lot. And it makes me feel better. So it is not irresponsible as I first thought. Instead it is just stupid. . .


I felt several of these could easily turn into bad stalker situations. I could not stand the laugh track guy in background. So I listened to several on Tuesday and then deleted the whole thing.




I loved Dani Shapiro’s book and I also like her voice and the quality of the podcast editing. Diverse stories. Enjoying it so far.



I wondered how Dani tracked down the family secret guests. In the beginning, first of her podcasts, they have a book or a documentary or are a speaker. This is a bonus. If the story is of interest, can track down the person for a more in-depth story. For example, Steve Lickteig’s Open Secret and Lacey Schwartz’s Little White Lies are both on Amazon Prime. I can see from the titles that once she got going with her podcast, she started hearing from listeners and airing their stories.