Friday, May 15, 2020

Containers

I thought I mentioned this, but maybe not.

Luckily I still had all my Tupperware.

Two rectangular Tupperware containers hold all my raw eggs and another holds my hard boiled eggs in the refrigerators.

Four Tupperware containers hold my husband’s oatmeal.

Etc.

The outside containers from the store go in recycling immediately. We have been moving things from one to the other.

So the Tupperware has been very valuable.




In this new mindset and practice, our glass mason jars suddenly were prime real estate in the kitchen.

Particularly the big ones were in high demand.

The thing about mason jars is ONE is expensive. A case of them is not expensive.

I looked for you -

ONE 1/2 gallon wide mouth from Target -




SIX 1/2 gallon wide mouthed from Tractor store -




Now you might look at that and think it is because we are comparing Target prices to Tractor store prices, but no. A case of jars at Target is same price comparison. Half gallon wide mouthed mason jars are just not readily available.

My local tractor stores offer curbside. I have been back twice to buy these jars.

Yes, I realize tractor stores might not be close to you, but the point is the same. Look for cases if you need jars. And jars are very very handy in kitchen now.