This green basket is actually part of a focused paper/files clean out. I am on the lookout around the whole house for extra papers. The plan is to have every household paper/file in our four file drawers.
Here we go, a spot that was overflowing with papers and just itching for a sorting -
Yes, it is a wonder it was still hanging on the wall.
Much nicer now.
What stayed: my epipens, garage door opener for my dog neighbor’s house (incase her keypad fails), spring seeds, small amount of emergency cash, gift certificates.
A couple extra garage door openers went in the hen basket in the credenza. I rehomed a couple things. I listed several things for sale. Things went in recycling and the garbage. Only about six things moved to their proper files in the house drawer in the filing cabinet. Many things were shredded.
The whole operation took about 20 minutes. This was done on a very quiet day and made my afternoon feel quite productive.
PS - I have found a lot of gift cards and gift certificates as I have sorted. If they are somewhere I go regularly, I put them in my crossbody. If they are places the girls go, I give them to them. If they are “future” places, like the greenhouse where I will buy flowers next spring, I put them in this basket. Other future places were the car wash, the bird food store, and a nursery.