Friday, March 24, 2023

It looks like a little crock pot, it is actually a rice steamer

Between March of 2019 and August of 2021, we ordered three small rice cookers (below). These have stainless steel liners. 

I am not sure of the order, but those three belong to myself, middle and youngest. 




I mentioned we have been using a meal service for several months -

https://baby-steps-v.blogspot.com/2023/01/green-chef.html?m=1


I now use my little 6 cup rice cooker almost every day. I use to only cook plain rice, now I also use it for a variety of grains. And now I add multiple ingredients to the pot, like spices and vegetables. 


The rice cooker advertises that bonus -




I ordered a back up rice cooker recently. 

Mine gets so much use, that I was in fear of it dying. It is my most valuable kitchen appliance. If I could only have one appliance, this would be it. If I could only have two appliances, my second choice would be my big crock pot.


Plus, I wanted a second liner for the days that I use the cooker twice. 

Instead of ordering an exact duplicate, I got the one with the steamer insert. 



The cookers, liners and lids are identical. The upgraded version simply adds the steamer tray. I use this for spinach and kale and chard.