Friday, March 29, 2024

I prefer simple quilts these days

I read one quilt blog.  I mentioned her book lists previously. I set up a “quilt blogger” label for her. Clicking on the label, at the bottom of this post, will find the previous post. 


I enjoy reading about her quilting. She is prolific. She posts nice pictures. Here is a post with all her quilts from 2023 -

https://sisterschoice.typepad.com/sisters_choice_quilts/2023/12/quilts-of-2023.html


Some of her quilts, I love -






Sometimes I gravitate toward specific elements of her quilts, like simple blocks she makes to form a border. 

Here is a good example. I love the posey blocks on this border.





Too many different, complicated blocks combined into one quilt just looks exhausting to me. I am so far past being able to sew that style of quilt. The setting/sashing of this quilt is quite unique. 





I prefer simple quilts. I like very basic blocks with organized colors that look restful. These often look old fashioned. But somehow, they are absolutely timeless. 

My favorite quilt photo from another quilt blogger -


https://mondaymorningdesigns.com/2021/07/12/making-a-scrappy-on-point-nine-patch-quilt/