Friday, April 12, 2024

Milk glass

Note - if the term Milk Glass is foreign to you -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_glass

https://www.marthastewart.com/8118499/collecting-milk-glass



Did you wonder about the shelves at the foot of our bed in last week’s post? 

There was a hint of white in the photos. 





Here is a better angle -




Here is a close up -



That is a vintage Milk Glass Collection. (There is also a modern egg plate.)

What to do with these shelves was an issue. 

Working on the pantry, a lone/large piece of milk glass put this idea in my head. 

I collected the rest, very purposely, on Facebook Marketplace for very little money. 

These are beautiful vintage pieces. 


Here is each milk glass in detail -




This is my original/inspirational piece from the pantry - 










This is a modern deviled egg plate from Target. It blends. It is a good way to store this oversized piece. 




Originally this larger space held a box TV. I am having a shelf added to make this space disappear. I will add two pieces of milk glass to the new shelves. 






I find the vintage Milk Glass very restful. 

I love small collections, groupings like this are art to me. 

The milk glass is the perfect use of this space. The white pops nicely. It is easy to dust. 

The white Milk Glass is also the reason I did not chose white quilts when I redid the bed linen. Gray linen works so much better. 



Long ago this space was a clutter/mess (below). It was not restful. It was a terrible dust problem.