Wednesday, June 24, 2026

I bailed - Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine, and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard

Once upon a time I could have listened to this book, Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine, and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard  looking up interesting facts as I went. Now, not so much. Not even the car, captive, helped. 

I bailed after an hour, tried to listen to the review on SuperSummary and bailed again. 

As it worked out, I could not attend the book group  anyway, so it did not really matter. 

Side note - 

AUTHOR

Candice Millard


NARRATOR

    Paul Michael




This is the second time this has happened recently. The authors voice did not match the narrator. The last time it was a male author and a female reader. It bugged everyone in my book group who read in audio format. This book it was a female author and a male narrator. This creates a mental discord that my book group members just never get over, it prevents one from settling into the book.