Friday, April 05, 2013

Post Office Cubbies

My husband's mother died September 2010.

Husband brought back a whole truck load of stuff.

Our house was already fairly full.

But we managed to squeeze everything in the nooks and crannies.

As soon as kids start moving out, things will go (oldest is in a furnished apartment right now).




Post office cubbies came in the truck.

I have always loved it.

Husband's mother used it for wine.

I don't keep wine in the house (nor drink it).

It sat in the garage for a couple months before we found a spot.

I am not sure if I thought of it or middle did.



It is 45" x 29".

That is the corner of our living room, right next to the TV.

All of those wires and black things are gaming controllers and cords.

You can just see the Wii on top.

Very good use for it.



My husband did an outstanding job in what he chose from his mother's house. There was NOTHING that came out of the truck where I thought - what were you thinking. NOTHING. He is the youngest of four boys. They did a good job of deciding who got what. Some of the things my husband wanted, none of the other three (single, no kids) wanted. And versa visa. Mirrors for example. There were really good ones, my husband happily took them all, knowing girls would want them in future years. Paintings. Many good ones came. Wooden chests and boxes. Baskets. Footstools. A grandfather clock. Dresser with carved wood. A light blue love seat and chair (also with a lot of carved wood) that are now in our bedroom. We got the stuff that had more of a feminine look to it. 



I was especially pleased when we unearthed these cubbies, unloading the truck.

My husband had remembered I had always loved it.

Even if I had never said a word, I think he would have known any way.

It is very much like something I would like.