Added later:
living room window seat included in this post.
oldest's window seat in this post.
window seat from youngest's current room further below in this current/today/same post.
 |
| I took this picture to show you the last two window seats. I am not showing middle's side of the room as it has her name all over the place. So, this is half of middle's current bedroom. This half first belonged to the youngest when she was little and then to ME (our girl from the middle east who was with us a year). Now this half of the room is used when middle has friends home with her or sometimes when youngest has friends here on a school night and they need a real bed. When I say half of middle's room, there is another half, identical to this one, with different decorations, behind the half wall you see with the desk/wall/shelves. There is a wall/desk/shelf on that side. So where you see the wall jut out in this room, middle's desk is in that space on the other side. Where the desk is on this side, the wall is on middle's side. Middle has a window seat identical to this one. So, yes, there are two in this great big room. |
 |
| Here is a closer shot of the headboard |
 |
| Just so you weren't wondering, this is the headboard from middle's side of the room. |
TODAY'S ORIGINAL POST -
I had a small list of handyman things that needed done last spring.
I tried to get on the schedule of one handyman all spring and he never had time.
I tried a second handyman all summer. Never got him to return calls.
Last week I found a third man. Not only did he return my calls, he also scheduled a time and then came and did the work.
 |
| This is youngest's room in June. The heavy curtains were on a suspension rod. |
 |
| Opening the curtains on the suspension rod meant sometimes the whole thing fell on her head. |
 |
This is an installed rod with pull backs. She likes to have her windows open and now that is easily done. |
 |
| Handyman also hung hooks in youngest's closet. This is a small walk-in closet (not attached to her room) built into a nook across from youngest's room. That door actually leads to the attic. |
 |
| That door is the closet door. Two sets of hooks, end to end, were hung also. |
 |
| This mirror came in the truck from my husband's mother's house. LOVE the mirror. The mirror was leaning against the wall, in this same spot, for months, waiting to be hung. I thought I would love it (there). After I looked at it (hung) for two days, I hated it in this spot. Proportions are wrong. (This mirror is 28" x 44". It is very heavy. Handyman screwed it directly into stud. He was able to use the same holes used through frame in past.) This mirror is better suited hung above a piece of furniture (to anchor it). |
 |
If you are trying to picture this spot in my house, it is the stair landing. This picture is taken at the top of the stairs looking at landing. You can see the mirror (left side of picture). To give you an idea of the scale: ledge is 13 1/2" x 85". Landing is 85" x 50". Flag picture (that is a framed quilt top behind glass, yes, I made it) is 50" tall by 53" wide. |
 |
| This is standing at bottom of stairs, looking at landing. The kitchen is to the right of this picture, the laundry room and studio to left. The open doorway in the right background of the picture is the living room. You will find more house pictures here. |
 |
| This is not my house. This is a screen shot from JC Penney's online catalog. This mirror is 31" x 65". Original price was $160. It was on sale for 79.99. I had a 20% coupon. Shipping was free. I paid $68.47. It is coming by truck. It will probably be here the week of my surgery. If it doesn't work (but I think it will be perfect) I simply have my husband return it. I had two additional jobs which required prep work. The handyman can switch mirrors when he returns (after my surgery, before holidays). |