I had the pieces out and grabbed pictures, hence this post.
I have a normal length vacuum cleaner hose, the longer one (shown below), and then a super long one we rarely use.
The short one came with a vacuum. The longer two I bought separately from a vacuum shop. The shop is where I buy vacuums and do repairs.

The middle hose (shown below) is long enough to make it all the way up the first/long part of the stairs. So I can leave the vacuum on the floor by the first step and use the hose with a foot attached, to get each step. REALLY HANDY. Very safe.
As you know hoses tend to get jams. Reaching a jam, in any hose can be a problem, long hose even more so.
A couple years ago I went to the hardware store/lumber yard looking for a hose jam solution.
I walked up and down aisles, looking carefully.
There was a huge selection of PVC pipe.
Some was straight, I found a section that was curved.
As I write this, I am pretty sure I actually took the medium hose with me. And I tried various types of PVC pipe on the hose, standing in the aisle.
I think I told a clerk what I needed and showed him the hose. I think he helped me dig through the
PVC racks.
And when we found this one (below) he cut it to the right length for me.
If you look carefully at the hose, you will notice one end is very bent/curved, we start the PVC at that end. And as we feed the PVC pipe through the hose, we keep the hose at a gentle curve (like the PVC pipe). The PVC pipe is very strong/firm, so if there is a clog, it allows firm pressure to be applied. It makes a good ramming rod (if you will). I don't think I could ram a hole into the hose with the PVC pipe. But keeping everything at a gentle curve insures the pipe stays in the middle-ish of the hose.
I have no idea how much the PVC was, but I do not think it was expensive. I don't remember how much the extra long hoses were either.

