Thursday, March 06, 2014

Yoga poses for people who hunch forward a lot during the day

Some of you will smile when you click over to this link because the header is poses for nursing moms.

But as I read, I realized nursing moms tend to hunch, so the poses are good for most desk workers.

One thing I would like to elaborate is Sphinx. You do NOT push back against the floor. Instead you pull your torso forward, through the arms as if you were trying to drag yourself forward. Any pose with this general type of positioning has a forward pull element to it. Up dog for example, you are not pushing body back from the hands, you are pulling body forward thru the arms to extend.

If you are looking for poses for other situations, such as lower back pain, here is the link. My suggestion, if these poses are new to you, and you have any type of health condition, is to start slowly. Not one a day, but yes, one a week. Then if you have a reaction, you will know the trigger.