Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Naot, dress shoes for middle

 Middle has to be in supportive shoes. And she loves shoes, especially unusual ones.

We discovered Naot a while ago.

They are not quite supportive enough for me for every day  (I have to have major metatarsal support on the top in addition to arch support on the bottom), but for middle they are perfect.

This first pair are flats, she got them about a year ago. They are her go to pair of shoes for many things.  She has worn them to church, to events like an outdoor summer wedding, and just running around town. No high heels to sink in grass/lawn. They are extremely comfortable. Perfect amount of support for her. They go with her slightly unusual dresses. In fact, they go with most anything. 









Once upon a time, about sixth grade for both girls, they each got black, strappy heels.  

They wore them each time they got dressed up. 

Those strappy heels were fine for 6 through maybe 8th grade. They started grating on me about 9th grade. As soon as middle graduated from high school, I could not stand to see her in those shoes. Not enough support, not sophisticated enough. Just ridiculous.

Her pair went to Good Will. 

I just went to look for youngest's to take a picture.

No luck.

They might have gone to Good Will too. . .

Yea!


So on the day we were cleaning out middle's closet and the hated black heels were circling the Good Will bag, we went shoe shopping for great dress shoes WITH support. A tough combination.

We went to our shoe store for ideas. They did not have what she finally ended up liking in stock, we had to order. We confirmed the correct size and then ordered through the store. 

She got two pairs -














The shoe store carried other versions by this same company, so she was able to confirm the size. We were 100% sure the shoes would fit and she would like them when we placed our order (I can't remember if there was a restocking fee or a no return policy, but I remember we had to be sure. In fact, we went home and thought about it, compared styles/colors from their on line site, and then went back and ordered the next day.)

When she saw the similar shoes in the store, the first day we were just looking, she thought these were old lady shoes. Mostly because of the heel. However, when she put them on, she thought they were very chic and modern. And they are. Very sophisticated. 

If I had someone getting married, or was attending weddings, and really needed a dress up shoe, our shoe guy and I would be combing through this company's catalog looking for shoes with enough metatarsal support to hold me. I think he could add a slight arch cookie to give me a little extra support with no problem. And if I chose carefully enough, I would only ever need the one pair to get me through many events. 

Middle has worn her two pair several times now and really loves them.