Sunday, November 23, 2014

Leaves

My husband sent these pictures (I was out of town) this week.
He just happened to catch all the action -



Each of the separate piles, at the ends of our driveways, were larger than a car. So, first the street sweeper comes and puts all the piles into one big pile that fills the culdesac. Yes, street is barely passable at this point. 






I think they leave the men there, working, just so we do not panic that they are leaving us boxed in our street.






Then, the big machinery arrives to actually remove the leaves. This process happens 2-3 times on our street each fall. People pulling into our street, with the leaf piles, larger than cars, in the street at the end of our driveways are sort of mind blown. We have to put the leaf piles in the street, otherwise the machinery would be up on our lawns. 



To be honest, we are so used to the piles we do not notice them. I didn't even really click with the fact that they were all gone when I pulled in the driveway on Friday. But as I said - middle's boy, youngest's carpool mom, friends just can't get over the size of the piles each year.





This is a picture from 2012 when the piles were just getting started.