I wonder if someone will read that and not know what the words "pinking shears" mean - ?
They are the scissors that cut fabric in a zigzag.
The purpose of the zigzag is so the fabric edge "holds" and does not unravel.
My pair is very old. Maybe older than I am. They might well have belonged to my mother or one of my grandmothers.
I actually use them all the time, very regularly.
They are now hurting my hand, they just simply do not want to cut. And they feel and sound as if they need oiled, rather badly.
My husband and I both feel that if we attempt to oil them, they might cause oil spots on fabric, like forever.
There is no longer a sharpening store in town. Not one.
Because, yes, I think they would know.
And every time I try one of the guys who sharpens out of his house, I have been disappointed.
I do not discard things easily.
If there is fix left in something, I fix it.
But I do not know about the expected life of pinking shears. At all.
Does anyone else know?