Thursday, September 17, 2015

Halloween Costumes

I think I mentioned I have started collecting children's Halloween Costumes, when I see them at sales. I have these stored in two different places in the house. One of the things on my To Do list was to compile a list. I did that yesterday.



Halloween costumes -
Alien bug thing 0-6 mos (not my favorite)
Dinosaur 6-9 mos
Dinosaur 12 mos
Leopard 12 mos
Dinosaur 18 mos
Monkey age 1-2
Frog 24 mos
Lady bug 2-3 T
Dinosaur Child Large
Lion Child Large
Bear Child Large
Tiger Child Large
(Note - our little girl wore one of the "child large" costume in 2014 when she was a 5-6, maybe with jacket under it)


I think on a subconscious level I was aware, but seeing it in print, I know.

I only collect animal or nature type things. No Power Rangers, no Disney, nothing commercial so far.

I have always been that way. I cringe at Disney T-shirts for example. Ditto with minions. I like a clever T-shirt, but not one with a trendy, commercial thing on it.

I can think of commercial things I would buy. Winnie the Pooh, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, a really good princess, would be yes!, if I saw them.

But those last two are female. And if you notice everything I have now, except the Ladybug, is gender neutral.

My girls wore a lot of gender neutral things when they were little. Girl things too. But a lot of neutral. And they always have had major hand-me-downs from the oldest. Hoodies, T-shirts for around the house, basketball shorts, flannel pj bottoms. These are all coveted things they lounge around wearing. 

I do not mind that I have several dinosaurs. If we end up with a grandkid who is really into dinosaurs, we will be glad for extra sizes. If we end up with more than one attached to dinosaurs, we will be really glad for multiples in general. And that often happens with boys and dinosaurs. I am not sure I have seen a girl really attached to dinosaurs, just boys (so far). Have you?