Odds and ends post.
I may have mentioned this previously. I have two sets of three each, nesting 9x13 glass pans. I use the "9x13" label/term roughly, because if they were all 9x13, they clearly would not nest. The middle ones are 9x13 sitting in ones that are slightly bigger and with slightly smaller ones in them. Only one of the middle ones, an actual 9x13, is missing. It has been missing for weeks. We cannot think of anywhere we took it. It did not break. It is not in another cupboard or the refrigerator. The two older kids did not take it. Mystery of the ages.
Between us, oldest and middle we have five weddings later this year. I am starting on Christmas tree skirts as wedding gifts. I made a similar type for my mom years ago. I have always liked it. It requires no batting and no backing. My mother's was made from regular cotton fabric and was proportional for a small tree. I am making the current versions from upholstery fabric and on a larger scale. I am collecting fabric now. I will post pictures as I get going. My machines are both in the shop. So no sewing yet. (I have a pile of mending for middle's boy that is next in line when the machines return.) Extremely strange feeling not to have instant machine access. I do have a couple other machines in a cupboard for an emergency. But hoping my regular ones return quickly enough that I do not have to dig them out for set up.
If you recall, I took water jugs with pumps to middle and her boy (who lives with two other guys). The boys go thru a jug a week, so they are clearly using it. It takes middle about three weeks to use hers, living alone. So they are working well. Again, transporting full jugs with pumps attached, like when traveling to or from camping, simply belt jug into seat. It works very well and protects pump.
Mountains of youngest laundry. I tend to wait until she is in need and then do it all at the same time. This is that time. There is something very satisfying about laundry.
Angel stockings. Husband went with me this time. Back over to my friend, who is good with color, for a consult. Stars were too dark on one fabric and too light on another. Curly cues were too light on one fabric. Skin fabric was too light on one fabric. What to do about the ecru wings and doves on light fabric? The result was I picked out/unsewed several things on Saturday night. I started, again, on Monday, now more confident that I am actually finishing five. Hopefully no more unsewing. Then I have two left where we have to pick dress colors, but those are on the darker fabric, so it should be easier. I am still very careful not to do too much cross stitch at a time nor days in a row, to protect my hands.
My husband swims at a local high school several days a week. I give him errands to do on the way home nearly every time. He is out anyway, so it is convenient. If he does one or two each time he swims, we keep up with all errands. And honestly, he is learning where things are and how to do them. An example is water jugs. We keep two full ones in the garage at all times, ready for a water emergency, and for normal use. (We take full jugs to middle, and bring the empties home. We also go thru jugs at home.) So if we have an empty jug, it gets refilled immediately. I am getting him in the pattern of refilling immediately. Patterns are important.
Youngest is still in the midst of major paperwork. Oldest, husband and I are all helping. Oldest has proofed a couple essays. I supply some missing information. My husband supplies more (copies of taxes mostly). So much paperwork.
I AM LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS - I found new, unopened, Creative Memories, photo album stuff while cleaning out my closet last fall. I found more last week in my sewing room. I contacted a local Creative Memories sales person to verify what I had because the items did not have labels. They are (still) sealed in plastic, so you can see them. I want to sell all of these. I also found a lot of doll clothes patterns. I am keeping one of each and want to sell the rest. They are new, unopened, discontinued, duplicates. I am thinking my best bet for all of this is either Amazon or eBay. It is all ship-able, it might be my best bet of the most $$$. Oldest has used Amazon to sell electronics and books, in past. I buy things in eBay, but have not sold there. I have considered, it might be easier to sell from home, mini garage sale with very good ad in paper, no shipping. But not sure how much money I would get, garage sale people are looking for cheap, normally. I have two sewing machines I would sell too, if I was doing mini garage sale. Not shipping those, clearly. A good sorting of attic and rest of house might yield a lot more. That would be good. And I could probably get my husband to man the sale. He likes cleaning out, he likes $$$. If you have any thoughts on any of this, please leave me a note.