Wednesday, November 09, 2016

food combinations, one pot

There are several combinations I buy in the freezer section at the grocery store. I do NOT microwave them (especially not in the bag).

I chop a package of raw skinless/boneless chicken breasts and start it in a sprayed pan on top the stove.

I chop a medium onion and add it.

I stir and cook that for a bit.

Then I add two identical packages from the selection below.

I also add a package or two of frozen (plain) veggies.

I sort of layer it all in the pan. Chicken/onion on the bottom, then 2 pkg of the blend, then veggies (different combinations that seem to "go" with the medley). I put a lid on it and cook for 20 minutes on medium.

Depending on how many veggies I have added, we get 4-6 servings from that one pan. At the end of 20 minutes, I stir it so everything is pretty even and then divide it in sections in the pan. I then put it in individual glass bowls and let them cool. Lids go on each one and they go in the refrigerator.

If I have bought a huge package of chicken, I do this twice in a row. I chop/cook half the chicken and add to it, cook and then divide it. Then I chop/cook the other half the chicken and add to it, cook and then divide it.

My point in posting all this is not to promote these products. But it is to mention the food combinations. Because I am going to start doing my own medleys. Cooking my own quinoa (etc) and adding the ingredients. I am going to use the packages as combination suggestions.