Saturday, September 24, 2022

yoga and pilates

I restarted yoga in early August by working with an instructor one on one. Things started to come back pretty quickly. And I was able to test my right shoulder (I had rotator cuff surgery in September of 2020 and it took 14 months to heal, I am still careful). 

I am now in a yoga class each Thursday afternoon. This class is a special needs/older women group. 

A little later in August, I started with a Pilates instructor, again one on one, with the goal of participating in a Pilates class on Tuesday afternoons. 

Added later - I went to Pilates one time. Then my shoulder was tender from yard work and I cancelled the next two Pilates sessions. That gave me a pause button. While it definitely would have worked, it was too much of a financial commitment when I multiplied Pilates individual instruction and class fees to an annual cost. 

So instead I picked up a second yoga class on Tuesday nights. 


I have not been in classes since December of 2013. 

In my 40's I remember an yoga studio owner announcing she was available to work one on one if anyone had a friend who was timid about starting in public. I appreciated the fact that was an option, for other people, but could not conceive of needed that myself. 

Now, it has been an absolutely wonderful option.