Update -
If you missed it, I added to my last post.
Calculated out to an annual cost, (machine) Pilates was a serious annual financial commitment.
If I find a mat Pilates class, I will reevaluate.
I picked up a second yoga class, Tuesday nights, instead.
Today’s post -
I met with a physical therapist in late September to reevaluate my needs and update my custom physical therapy app.
My app program contains multiple sets of exercises. I do one section at a time.
I do my neck series, first thing in the morning in the bathtub with Epsom salts, nearly every day. I keep my hands relaxed in my hot water while I do the neck series/seated extras. This is now an established habit. Pairing the hot water/soaking my hands, and the PT series, is very effective in helping me to this nearly daily.
The bath tub extras? We added a few other things to this “bath tub” set, like twists and a modified seated pigeon pose, a modified seated mountain, and a seated cat/cow.
Then we updated my standing arm series, my floor arm series, my standing leg series, my floor leg series. My goal is to alternate these so I do one section a day, in addition to my bath tub routine.
My challenge with this is to pair it with something else so it becomes a daily ritual. And to find a set place in the house where this works for me.
I am relistening to Gretchen Rubin’s book, Better Than Before, to help me with this.
My bathtub ritual took a lot of creativity. It is an unusual answer and a unique pairing. But it works!
It started because I had Covid mid summer and was on my nebulizer machine several times a day. My husband realized the machine had a long tube to the mouthpiece. The machine could sit safely (far) away from the tub. And the hot water helped my pain. I was very motivated to soak in hot water while I breathed. It was very meditative-like for me.