I make quiche at least once a month. It is a very simple recipe. I use frozen pie crusts (regular, not deep).
These is a great make ahead dinner or brunch. Everyone in my family can eat it happily.
Middle took a quarter home for her dinner (below).
That side was broccoli and cheese (and 4 eggs and 1/2 cup skim milk).
The other one was cheese, mushrooms/onion/sautéed with Pam sprayed pan (and 4 eggs and 1/2 cup skim milk).
The crusts are baked for 8 minutes empty, first. And then 50 minutes full, both at 375 degrees.
Pie crust edges can burn easily without protection. Aluminum foil is very hard to use on pie crust edges for me, my hands.
I bought 9” reusable protectors from Amazon. I have seen 10” at my local hardware store.
This might be a great gift idea, but absolutely have to get the right size protector based on the pan size they use.

