I added a game to my repertoire. Wordle.
Yes, I realize this is not new or exciting news.
A lot of people play Wordle.
I think many people always start with the same word. They have one favorite word they try first.
Many people chose a word with the most vowels possible.
This site lists suggestions -
https://capitalizemytitle.com/5-letter-words-with-the-most-vowels/
I googled “what is the smartest method to play Wordle?”.
My search history no longer has the link listed. It might have been a video.
But I have a screen shot of the suggestion -
The idea is to have five standard words, not one. And those five words utilize most of the alphabet. Four letters are missing from those five words (above) Q, V, X, Z.
My red dashes (above) indicate the duplicates.
I liked the concept, but I fine tuned the words to include one more letter.
I use DERBY, FLANK, WITCH first, every time I play. Those three words cover 15 of the 26 letters of the alphabet. They cover some very common letters.
Sometimes, those three words are enough.
If those three words are not enough, I add JUMPS.
If that is still not enough, I add VOGUE.
My five words are only missing Q, Z, X from the alphabet. The letter U usually tips me off if there is a Q hiding.
If I only reveal four letters and there is not a U, then there is either a duplicate letter or a X or a Z.
Here is a screen shot showing all five of my words with the duplicate letters marked. Q, X, Z are missing. Again, if there is a U, I suspect Q.





