Monday, April 06, 2026

The first odd quilt story

No photos, sorry, for some reason I can’t seem to post photos on my blog. 


I am having multiple out of body experiences with quilts this month. It is a bit crazy how things come full circle.

Here is the first story - 

A quilt I made in 1997 with Japanese fabrics recently found its way back to me. 

A friend found and returned it. It was the second of a pair. I still have the first. One of my daughters (middle) is now thrilled to have the second. 

Normally all my older quilts are well labeled, but this pair was not. In the process of trying to date and get labels made for both quilts, I found the original pattern (purchased, not my design) which luckily was dated. 

And that led me to the seller of the original pattern, who does not have copies of any of her old patterns. I mailed the original back to her. I had two more of her patterns and mailed those originals too. She was thrilled. In fact, I think she is republishing the quilt pattern. 

I also did not keep any of my old quilt patterns. They pop up from time to time on eBay and Etsy and we buy them back.