Still no photos, just the story.
Second story - I ran into an old pattern of mine, in person, at one of my long armers a few weeks ago.
I now know it is a quilt I designed in the 1990’s.
I used to teach at a local shop who carried my patterns. The shop owner often made kits with my patterns.
So someone who bought the 1990’s kit, with my pattern, at the local quilt shop, finally finished it and sent it to the quilters in 2026. And I just happened to be there to see it.
But when I saw it, I did not realize it was one of my patterns, made from the kit fabric, identical to mine. It just looked vaguely familiar, but I did not realize why.
It took my daughter for me to realize how I knew the quilt.
I told her I saw a quilt at the long-armer’s shop, described it, and she knew it. The original quilt, same fabrics as the kit, happened to be hanging in my daughter’s hall that same day.
This quilt was well labeled with the date. And it also still had the second paper label from when my pattern was released and that quilt traveled to many shops for a couple years with the distributor.
I have many well traveled quilts.