Tuesday, July 31, 2018

aprons

Simplicity
Daisy Kingdom
pattern #7481

It was discontinued long ago.

They come up, new, unopened, on eBay for very high prices. High demand, low availability.

Clearly simplicity could sell a lot of them if they republished.

It is just a great style wrap around apron. No ties. It slips over the head.

I had been eyeing it, but refusing to pay $50 for a pattern. Someone gave me a certificate for $25. And I found one listed for $40 with free shipping. So I grabbed it. Unopened, never cut.

If you don’t know, patterns are all together. One back piece with the lines for all the sizes. If you cut it at the lines for a size small, you lose the rest of the sizes.

So I traced the XL on grid fabric, and am saving it. And I interfaced the tissue paper pattern so it is sturdy. I am cutting and trying the size L first.

And I am using odds and ends of fabric I already have to make these aprons. (I think for Christmas). So this is a clean out activity. I am lining all the the aprons. So they will use up a lot of fabric. A lot.

And I am piping them. Piping on the edges. Which is easy to sew, makes for a very clean edge, and looks very polished.