Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Dingless

I can no longer hear the buzzer/bell on the microwave unless I am in the same room (with it).

Neither can my husband.

The kids (when they are home) however, can hear it all over the house.

And our microwave keeps dinging until someone attends to it.

So we turned off the microwave sounds. It is now dingless. No sounds as you push the buttons. No sounds to say it is finished.

And something interesting happened.

I now remember things in the microwave MUCH BETTER than when I counted on the ding (which I could not hear as soon as I left the kitchen).

The thing, I put in the microwave most often, are cherry pit bags. I put one in, hit 2 minutes, and then run to pee or brush my teeth or something. Except now I come right back and am usually there very close to the 2 minute mark. With the dinger operational, I would forget (until someone yelled - mom, the microwave is calling you).

I guess dingless made me more accountable or something. And it is very nice to have no dinging. Every kid agrees.