Monday, July 29, 2019

Garbage man cometh

Knowing that the garbage man is coming, Mondays, is very motivating.

We had 13 tall yard bags full of clippings and weeds by 7pm on Sunday.

I got up and weeded in the far (other) back corner Monday morning.

I covered myself as best I could, wore my Muck Boots, and then showered with Dawn as soon as I was done. It was major poison ivy territory. 
I did not pull Ivy. I tried to pull everything but Rose of Sharon and Poison Ivy.
I will go back Wednesday and spot treat the poison ivy (and try to avoid the Rose of Sharon). 
My spot treating procedure involves putting a wooden paint stir-er stick under the poison ivy leaf to hold it and then dipping a foam paint brush in Round Up Concentrate (with no water added) and then "painting" the leaves. It is a slow process, but very effective. 

By noon on Monday our count was up to 16 large paper yard waste bags, plus two full cans. (Plus a full recycling can.)

The 16 bags were distributed to neighbors' curbs, because we are pretty sure there is a limit for one house. So three lucky neighbors' houses have 4 bags each. (Thank you).

I am taking it easy the rest of today, because I had three straight days of pretty hard labor and I am tired.  My body is physically tired. And it is supposed to rain. Hopefully. Because we really need it.