Sunday, July 14, 2019

I have my stone wall back. Munstead Dwarf Lavender and a clematis.

A few years ago we dismantled a small stone wall that was around a small flower bed in the front.

The landscapers had just plopped the stones on the ground. Eventually everything was sinking and sliding and grass was growing up between rocks.

I regretted taking that wall down as soon as we did it. But at the time, I did not know how to fix it.


When we removed the stone wall, years ago, I tried very hard to get poppies to grow in this bed. I planted them at least three times. If they would have taken off, then the wall would not have been needed. It would have been a mass of poppies with the iron tree in the middle.

But poppies would not grow. So then I transplanted lavender.

Today, Sunday, we rebuilt the little stone wall in the front. And it is sturdy. It has paver gravel under it and it has a row of wedge shaped pavers under it too. The pavers are buried; the stones you can see sit on top the pavers.

It was a lot of work, with more work needed,  but I am very pleased.

This is the newly replaced curved stone wall. I need to add dirt and tidy up the dirt on the grass side, and replace the mulch.






We made  the bed slightly smaller than it was. So, I had to dig up/relocate the blanket flowers.

(I will post a picture. It was very hot here yesterday/today. I have a shade cover rigged up with a lawn chair and a kiddie pool to protect them.)

There is still Dirt around the outside that needs tidied, but the wall is built.

And I am so very very pleased to have it back again.