I should be wearing my newest athletic shoes as my crud (painting, walking in fields) shoes, not an old pair on its last legs.
In 2012 or 2013, I bought 3-4 pair of identical athletic shoes.
This was after I broke my foot and had to switch brands/sizes. (I donated all of my former athletic shoes, so I only had 3-4 brand new ones.)
I put orthopedic inserts in all 3-4 pairs.
I labeled/used one of the brand new pairs for dirt and paint, even though they were pristine.
That was a hard thing to do! Think about putting on a new pair of shoes and painting with dark brown paint.
So those new shoes started to look old pretty quickly -
Last week those crud shoes were so tattered that they are now unwearable. The back of the heel, on the inside is too worn.
The other 2-3 pairs are still in good shape. (I wear them evenly, switching between the pairs. And most of the time I am wearing sandals, Keens, boots. It is not like I live in athletic shoes.)
So clearly I wore the crud ones a lot. A whole lot. Field, yard, painting.
And if I was smart, I would replace crud pair with new pair (and wear the pristine ones for crud again). Because they are the ones I wear the most and would have the most support.
