![]() |
| Peeking past the mattress. |
![]() |
| I now have room for a nice waste basket. When I am using the serger, I can pull the waste basket over in front of the machine so the cuttings fall directly into it. |
Are you wondering where the masses of pictures frames (formerly in the nook under the stair treads) moved?
Oldest's closet, which is also more of a room than a closet.
These are the before pictures -
![]() |
| No idea how we ended up with top shelf empty and . . . |
![]() |
| . . .everything on the floor. The tall white item on the far right, front of the picture is boxed springs which are now under his bed. Mattress moved downstairs. |
After pictures -
![]() |
| Those built in shelves are 39 1/2" x 69". For comparison, a twin mattress is 39" x 75".I have not yet found the bin of Playmobile. But, I'll know where that buffalo is when I find it. |
![]() |
| This is the other wall, with odds and ends from college, (oldest, on his list for when he is home) and hanging over flow from youngest's closet. |
There are three very large pieces of luggage, with smaller pieces in them, in this closet.
Bins on top shelf mostly hold seasonal decorations which I do not want in heat of attic.
There is a huge bin of Legos, a bin with several sets of Marbleworks, two bins of Polly pockets, ditto several sets of Lincoln Logs, American girl doll clothes, Brio train sets, play dough cut outs/rolling pins, a Lite Bright set, and probably several other sets I am forgetting. They stay very clean in bins. Easy to pull out when we have little visitors.
And some Costume pieces which are too big for white zip, hanging bags in laundry room - witches hats, broom, for example.
Blue bin on small shelves with oldest's college stuff is full of his snow gear (he is sledding and tobogganing and skating with friends when he is home over Christmas break, some years he is shoveling . . .).
Bins with white lids, on floor under huge shelves and on bottom shelf, are full of packed children's books. They are sorted and labeled.
Black file box, is full of oldest's important papers. Each child got one in grade school, made files, learned what to keep. When he needs something, he calls one of us, we go look for the number or date for him. Some times we scan and send whole copy. These boxes are source of pride and ownership and maturity for each kid. They also maintain an award, activity, service hours list on line so they have dates, contact names for filling out applications. Kids start filling out own paperwork in third grade. It takes a lot of years to learn to do all that independently. No one feels abandoned or parentified, it is a common goal to get them on their feet.












