Friday, July 19, 2013

The story of my iPad, suddenly - c-h-a-r-g-i-n-g - v-e-r-y - s-l-o-w-l-y . . .

In the weeks leading up to my three weeks of travel/vacation, I had noticed my iPad was taking longer and longer to charge each time.

You might already know what I am about to say, but I did not know. And oldest didn't think to ask me the right question when I mentioned the slow charge either.

In my travels, oldest and I happened on an Apple store.







And after the clerk looked at my iPad, and did not see anything wrong with it, she led me over to a gadgets wall and pointed to a specific charger and asked if that was the one I was using.

No, it was not.

When we investigated further, I was using a phone charger and maybe an old iPod charger. I was using the right cord. But the part that plugs in the wall socket, was not the right one for an iPad.

I HAD gotten the right one with my iPad, but at some point, with all the plugs in the house, I had switched.

A iPad charger can charge a phone (if I understood correctly), but a phone charger is not strong enough to charge an iPad. A iPod charger is not strong enough for an iPad either.

Oldest said the clerk was very smart to think of this so quickly into our conversation. My guess is I am not the first 50 something to come in asking about a slow iPad charge.



The two chargers I was (incorrectly) using are on the left. The actual iPad charger is on the right. My cord works in all three.


I LOVE MY iPad. 

I have said this before - to me it is a geriatric iPod. 

Bigger screen, bigger buttons. 

And I 100% understand an iPad is not a mini lap top.

My expectation for it are realistic. 

I have learned how to work around some of the limitations. 

I use it for things it IS built TO DO.