Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Re-doing the proportions of the doll bed, the lesson translates to my body in capris

This is the doll bed as we took it out of the carton in the attic.  (You can find previous posts on doll house subject, by clicking "doll house" label at bottom of post).











I said (to the girls) the bed had just never seemed right.

Middle said it was the proportions of the height.

When I thought about it, she was right.

The canopy part of the bed is okay. But the height of the legs, and therefore the overall height of the bed, is just wrong.






We had to go to several stores to find what we needed. But we found these:






We stained them and then middle used a hot glue gun to put the 'extensions' on each of the bed legs.
















Have no worries, easy to have the bed return to its original state as the pegs pop off the bed very easily (middle re-glued a lot).



I suppose this post/topic translates to the right cut/style of clothing on our bodies.

My mind goes to the fact that I look shorter and somewhat dumpy in capris.

If I take those same (cute print or stripe or color) capris and cut them off/hem to walking short, my proportions are so much better.