Friday, August 16, 2013

We did not go to one farmer's market this summer, on purpose

Summer 2012, the kids and I went to a farmer's market nearly every week.

And in my mind, it was the summer of the bread stuff.

Yes, we bought fruit and veggies at each market.

But the kids also bought rolls, bread, muffins at every market.

Most of these carb products were from the same lady. And this started because her selling point was home ground grain.

I did not eat any of these bread stuffs, but the kids did.

I was enabling the kids eating the bread stuff by going to the farmers markets, all summer.

Early spring 2013, I started ordering organic fruit and veggies thru our farmers box.

I can order very specific quantities from a very large list of produce.

No baked goods.

No impulse buying.

No influence from anyone else, I do the ordering each week.

No enabling anyone else to poor food habits, because my farmers box is all whole foods produce, while the farmers markets are full of all kinds of poor food choices.