Monday, January 13, 2014

Jen's Gwynnie Bee (clothing rental service) information

I apologize if this is a repeat. I thought I had already posted on this topic, but when I searched, I could not find it.

Jen belongs to a clothing rental service called Gwynnie Bee.


She has written about Gwynnie Bee several times. 

That link will pull up all her Gwynnie Bee posts with the most recent on top. Scroll down to read her previous Gwynnie Bee posts.  I would suggest reading all her posts. She and I also chatted in the comments attached to those posts.


Jen chooses which outfits interest her, and they send a set number to her. If the items do not fit or she does not like them, she returns them and they send her a different thing from her list immediately.


I plugged in my information (email, etc) on Gwynnie Bee and that got me free access to their site. It was very interesting. They are geared toward dress up and work clothes. They supply mostly larger sizes. There are lots of clothing/style pictures from their customers and their plus size models.


I can see this working for a lot of women - People steadily losing weight who want a variety of clothes without investing in sizes that will only fit for a short time. Women wanting to try a wide variety of styles to see what works on their body and with the rest of the clothes in their closet. Women who do not have access to larger sizes in their area. Working women who need a larger wardrobe. Women who need special occasion dresses. My understanding is these rental clothes can also be purchased (at a discount because they are used).


When I was pregnant with my oldest, and working, I belonged to a maternity rental clothing service. It was locally owned. I think I had 5 work outfits at a time. They did all laundry. If my belly outgrew something, I could trade it in at any time. Otherwise I traded clothes every other week (if I remember correctly). They had a wide variety of choices. It worked great for me. When business casual became more common, maybe 20 years ago, the local maternity clothing rental place went out of business.