They are A-line.
Think the style an ice skater would wear.
Middle and I bought this same black, knit skater skirt at JC Penney's last fall.
She wears it with black leggings.
Then she can layer fun tops and jackets or sweaters on this very neutral bottom half.
She looks very slim, arty, put together in these clothes.
Some people throw on a pair of jeans, she puts on leggings and a skirt.
We realized a week or two ago that this particular skirt was not going to make it long term, it gets way too much wear.
I looked on line and it was sold out in black, medium.
Oldest and I went back to our Penney's and could not find a size medium for her.
I called other JC Penney's to have them check. (They do not ship from the store to a customer. I called four where we had friends close by who would go pick up and then mail to us.) No luck at those four either.
I sent notes to Ellen, Laura, Brenda (bloggers who live within several hundred miles of me, so their Penney's probably carry the same stock). All three very kindly looked at their Penney's, to no avail. Between all of us, we could find every size except mediums.
Running errands with my husband on Monday, we drove back by Penney's. And the thought - RETURNS flicked through my brain. We stopped, we looked through the same rack oldest and I had checked the week before, low and behold, one size medium. From the way it was on the hanger, I am positive it was a return. Then my husband looked through racks of other style black skirts in adjacent racks and found another medium which had been mis-stocked. So TWO additional mediums of this beloved skirt. And the price had dropped to $7.99 (I thought the original $15 was a deal).
I am still on the look out for these skirts.
If I found a couple more, I would buy them.


