Friday, February 28, 2014

If you have ever had an instructor teach this stretch, my way with supporting foot on the wall, please let me know, I am the only one I have ever seen do it




I mentioned a Piriformis Stretch last week.





To be honest, I have done that stretch in a lot of classes over the years. But I have never heard a name for it. I have just been queued for the moves.

This is a move that is used AFTER exercise to stretch butt and hip. REALLY EFFECTIVE.

Here I am in the traditional form.









And here I am, the way I do it, foot of the supporting leg on the wall. So, I have turned it into a supported pose.

And as I settle into the stretch, I slide that foot further down the wall, oh so gradually. Adds a whole new level to the stretch. I apply very gentle pressure with both hands.