Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Last week I discovered I don't have to wait for my new school year calendars


I use a desk blotter size calendar.

It is mounted on the front of my refrigerator.

It is a SCHOOL YEAR (July - Aug), not a traditional Jan - Dec calendar.

Last week I realized I had notes all over the last page of my current calendar, with late summer and fall dates.

I really wanted next year's calendar, but they are not yet available.

While digging through the stacks at Office Depot, I found this one -








It is a generic calendar. No dates written. It works for any month/year combination. It has the huge daily squares I love. It is desk blotter size. 

When I showed it to my husband, he said I would have to be SUPER careful to get the right numbers plugged in on all those months. True. Because of that I am actually writing in pencil.

My calendar does not have a crease on it, like the picture above, that is actually the front page which I dug out of the recycling bin, to take the picture, so you would have all the identifying information.

I don't know if these have always been available, or are new.

I am going back and buying several more, for future years, just in case. 

Because I love the idea of having the next years calendar as early as I wish, every year. And because I have a lot of Office Depot credit from turning in printer cartridges.