I sewed the skinny wedges into a Christmas Tree Skirt using the 1-3-1-3-1-3-1 etc layout. I serged and stitched all the pieces together. It was very quick. Hemming it with double fold bias tape was very simple. The wedges do something a little odd in the center that makes me think of a broom handle skirt (which I have never made, but somehow knew the term). I am going to have my husband get the big tree out if the attic. I think I have to see this one under a tree before I proceed with any additional skirts. I will take pictures
Meanwhile, my color friend and I picked out colors for last two cross stitch angels and I am finishing those this week. Yeah!
And my color friend gave me a pile of green and pink fabric (left side of picture). I bought two pieces of flannel (right side of picture) for backing. Everything in that picture is very happy together. Very. So right now I am staring at the grouping, waiting for it to speak to me. So far, I think I am hearing whispers of triangles (half square triangles). Lots of great designs can be made from triangles. They are very, very simple and easy to mass produce. These prints and colors will work well in those types of designs. I think I may have a couple similar pieces of fabric in my bins. So I think I am going to play a little game called sew baby girl quilts until the piles are gone. I know I can get at least two quilts out of stack on the right, maybe three (I will happily buy more flannel backing). It will be very amusing if I end up with five or six baby quilts from that pile. It is very unlike me to make girl quilts. I lean toward masculine side of gender neutral. I will be pinked out by the time I am done, but will then have a good stash of baby girl quilts.
