Friday, March 25, 2016

Quilting in the days of the Internet

I had just realized this, then my color friend commented this week too.

It used to be that we had to buy inspiration.

Quilt guild/club memberships, quilt magazine subscriptions, entry into quilt shows, quilt books, quilt workshops.

Now all we have to do is plug key words into Google search engine and then click on "images".

One patch quilts, baby quilts, simple quilts are some of my recent searches.

I take screen shots. I bookmark pages. I sign up for email notifications of quilt blogs I enjoy.

My iPad was not free. But all my searches are very free.

It is just entirely different than it was.

Shocking amount of pictures, inspiration, details. I can look in my pajamas, falling asleep, each night. I do not have to go anywhere. I do not have to get off track by guild/club charity projects or other people's priorities. (This is a real issue.) I can have my own focus.